Imagine a world where creating a mobile app, building an e-commerce site, or launching a CRM system doesn’t require you to write a single line of code. Sounds like a dream, right? Well, buckle up, because the future is here and it’s spelled N-O C-O-D-E.
In today’s rapid-paced digital era, no code low code platforms are breaking down barriers, democratizing software development, and empowering individuals and organizations to bring their ideas to life—no coding degree required. But don’t just take our word for it; the numbers speak volumes.
From billion-dollar market valuations to jaw-dropping efficiency gains, the statistics surrounding no-code technologies are nothing short of revolutionary. And whether you’re a tech enthusiast, a seasoned developer, or a business leader looking to innovate, these numbers are your roadmap to understanding one of the most transformative trends in tech today.
So, are you ready to dive into the data-driven world of no-code? Read on to discover the statistics that are shaping this industry and why they should matter to you.
Table of Contents
Market Growth and Revenue
- The Global Market: The global low-code platform market is forecasted to generate a revenue of $187.0 billion by 2030
- Insight: This enormous projected revenue indicates that low-code platforms are becoming an essential part of the software development landscape, potentially dominating the market by 2030.
- Source: AiMultiple
- Projected Reach: In 2021, the low-code platform market was valued at $7.61 billion. It’s projected to reach $36.43 billion by 2027
- Insight: The market value is expected to multiply almost fivefold within six years, suggesting a rapid adoption rate and a lucrative future for low-code platforms.
- Source: Kissflow
- Expected Market: The market for no-code low-code development platforms is expected to increase to $26.9 billion by 2023, up from $3.8 billion in 2017
- Insight: This sevenfold increase in market size in just six years highlights the accelerating demand for no-code and low-code solutions, particularly for rapid application development.
- Code: ContentBloom
- Yearly Growth: Before the end of 2023, the year-over-year growth rate of the No code/ Low code market will hit 40%
- Insight: A 40% year-over-year growth rate is extraordinary for any industry. This signals that not only is the market growing, but the rate at which it’s growing is also increasing, indicating a snowball effect.
- Source: Garter
- Increasing Demand: For no-code tools is expected to drive sales growth in the coming years.
- Insight: This statistic underscores the growing need for easier, faster development solutions. As demand increases, we can expect a surge in innovation and competition in the no-code space, driving further growth.
- Source: Garter
- 84% Trust in No-Code Tools: This slice is represented in green and emphasizes the level of trust people have in no-code tools.
- 85% Find No-Code Tools Valuable: Shown in yellow, this part indicates that a significant number of users find value in these tools for their projects.
- 70% New Apps Using Low/No-Code Tech by 2025: This slice, colored in blue, represents the projected rate of adoption for low-code or no-code technologies in new applications by 2025.
Adoption and Usage for No Code Low Code
- Future of App Activity: Gartner predicts that 65% of the app activity will result from no-code development by 2024
Insight: This prediction suggests that traditional coding could become less prevalent in the app development landscape, making no-code platforms a mainstream choice for application development by 2024.
- New Application Development: 70% of new applications developed by organizations will use low-code or no-code technologies by 2025
Insight: The statistic indicates that low-code and no-code technologies will likely be the go-to solution for the majority of new application development projects in the near future.
IT Strain Relief: 84% of enterprise organizations have turned to low-code development to reduce strain on their IT departments as of 2018
Insight: The adoption of low-code solutions can significantly alleviate the workload on IT departments, allowing enterprises to deploy resources more efficiently.
- Platform Adoption Rate: Up to 65% of applications will be developed using no-code and low-code platforms by 2024
Insight: This indicates a shift in the development paradigm, where almost two-thirds of applications will soon be developed without traditional code. This could reshape the software industry, making it more accessible.
- Non-IT Professionals in Tech: By 2024, 80% of non-IT professionals will develop IT products and services, with over 65% using low-code/no-code tools
Insight: This underscores the democratization of technology development, enabling professionals without traditional tech backgrounds to contribute significantly to IT projects.
- Application Development Dominance: No code will account for more than 65% of application development activity by 2024
Insight: As no-code platforms gain traction, they’re expected to dominate the application development activity, thereby changing the narrative around traditional coding practices.
- Enterprise Digital Engagement: Low-code technologies enable 84% of enterprise organizations to engage the business in digital asset development
Insight: The widespread adoption of low-code technologies indicates their utility in not just application development but also in enabling broader digital transformation within enterprises.
X-axis: Represents the years 2020 and 2025, labeled in bold.
Y-axis: Indicates the percentage of organizations using these technologies, also labeled in bold.
2020: About 25% of organizations used low-code or no-code technologies, represented by the green bar.
2025 (Projected): A projected 70% of organizations will use these technologies, represented by the yellow bar.
Speed and Efficiency
- Speed of Cloud-Native Applications: Forrester found that no-code low-code software development helps developers make cloud-native applications more than 10-times faster (with 70% fewer resources)
Insight: This statistic highlights the significant efficiency gains that can be achieved through no-code and low-code platforms, especially in the realm of cloud-native applications.
- Perception of Development Speed: 85% of people using no-code tools say that they are 10X faster than traditional software development
Insight: This high percentage suggests that the user experience is overwhelmingly positive in terms of development speed, which could drive further adoption of these platforms.
- Impact on Development Speed: The use of no-code and low-code tools has increased the speed of app development by at least 50%
Insight: The fact that these platforms can effectively halve the development time for applications is a compelling reason for businesses to consider adopting these technologies.
- Resource Efficiency: Compared to conventional app-building platforms, no-code solutions consume 70% fewer resources
Insight: The reduction in resource consumption not only lowers the cost of development but also makes these platforms more sustainable options.
Perception and Trust
- Trust in No-Code Tools: 84% of people trust no-code tools
Insight: A high level of trust in no-code tools suggests that these platforms have successfully addressed security and reliability concerns, which are often barriers to new technology adoption.
Source: User Guiding
- Value Addition Perception: 85% of workers say that no-code tools add value to their lives
Insight: This high percentage indicates that no-code tools are not just seen as work tools but also as valuable additions to users’ lives, potentially making work-life balance more achievable.
- Willingness for Future Adoption: 96% of those who don’t use no-code tools would be willing to use them in the future
Insight: The willingness for future adoption is exceptionally high, signaling a large untapped market for no-code tools.
Source: User Guiding
- Coding Population: Only 0.5% of the world’s population knows how to code
Insight: This statistic highlights the scarcity of coding skills on a global scale, making the case for the importance and utility of no-code and low-code solutions.
- No-Code/Low-Code: The green slice represents a projected 65% of applications that will be developed using no-code and low-code tools.
- Traditional Coding: The yellow slice accounts for the remaining 35% of applications that will continue to be developed using traditional coding methods.
- Market Component Significance: Gartner predicts No-Code Low-Code application platforms are expected to remain the most significant component of the no-code low-code technology market through 2023
Insight: This prediction indicates that the core of the burgeoning no-code and low-code market will continue to be the application platforms themselves, emphasizing their foundational role in the ecosystem.
Love Statistics? Love ecommerce sales stats Well you might want to read this 20 Must-Know eCommerce Sales Stats for 2023: A Comprehensive Guide
- Growing Market: The no-code market is expected to grow significantly, with forecasts predicting a market size of $187.0 billion by 2030.
- Enterprise Adoption: Gartner’s prediction of 65% app activity being driven by low-code and no-code platforms indicates that enterprises are increasingly relying on these technologies.
- Speed and Efficiency: With the potential to speed up development processes by up to 10 times, no-code platforms are positioned as a tool for rapid development and prototyping.
- Widespread Adoption: The high adoption rates and expected increase in development share indicate that no-code is not just a trend but is becoming a staple in software development.
- Versatility: The diverse types of statistics—from market revenue to speed improvements—show that nocode low code platforms are multi-faceted and have various benefits that appeal to different sectors and needs.
If you liked these no code low code stats. Great! Then you now need to read my ultimate no code guide to get you fully up to date and in the know with everything no code.